Our Vision: Your One and Only Source on the Journey to Better Sex.
It’s not hard to agree that rabbit vibrators are one of the MVPs of the sex toy world. But, have you ever taken a second to wonder why rabbit vibrators feel so good?
Turns out, there are quite a few reasons why these buzzy buddies have cemented their place in our hearts, and our nightstands. And we’re here to explain it all.
In this post, we’ll answer:
- What do vibrations do to the body?
- What is a blended orgasm?
- Why is clitoral stimulation so important?
- Which rabbit vibrator should I get?
- What do I do if my rabbit vibrator doesn’t feel good?
Looking for a quick answer? Here are our key takeaways:
- Rabbit vibrators relax muscles both internally and externally, and bring extra blood flow to the area.
- Vibrations are picked up by thousands of nerve endings, which signal your brain to get aroused.
- They can give you incredible blended orgasms by stimulating two parts of your internal clitoral structure: your clitoral bulb and your g-spot.
- Rabbit vibrators can feel so good to us because they give us the clitoral stimulation we often lack during penetrative sex.
How Vibrations Affect the Body
We all love vibrators, and we know how amazing they can feel. But, what’s actually going on there?
Your rabbit vibrator actually feels good for several reasons. First, they relax your muscles, which help you get into a sensual, relaxed mood. As the tension leaves your body, you may find it much easier to focus on the pleasurable sensations.
Secondly, they increase blood flow to your genital area. There are thousands of nerve endings in and around the genitals, which pick up the feel of the vibrations. All that vibe-y information travels up the pudendal nerve, a sensory nerve that goes up to the brain.
Since you’re feeling pretty in-the-mood already, your brain will interpret that information as sexual arousal. That brings more and more blood to your genital area, causing it to swell slightly and become super sensitive.
With the increased the surface area, the vibes have even more nerve endings to please, and the chain reaction continues.
The Beauty of Blended Orgasms
You’ve probably heard of the g-spot as some kind of magic spot in your vagina that feels amazing when stimulated and can lead to orgasm. That’s not totally wrong, but there’s definitely more to the story.
Surprisingly recent research shows that the g-spot isn’t a separate thing, it’s all part of what we call the ‘internal clitoral structure’.
In 2005 (yep, that recently), urologist Helen O’Connell and her colleagues published a paper called ‘Anatomy of the Clitoris‘. This is what finally gave us a full and accurate picture of what the clitoris looks like, using MRI images of actual women’s anatomy.
The external part that we call the clitoris is only a small portion of your whole clitoris. The visible portion is called the ‘clitoral bulb’, but the rest of your clitoris extends into your body, on either side of your vagina.
You can see what it looks like here, with the help of a lovely smiling clitoris:
So, what does any of this have to do with rabbit vibrators and why they feel good?
Well, when you use a rabbit vibe, you can see that you’re actually stimulating two parts of the same structure. The shaft of your rabbit hits your g-spot, which is part of the clitoral body, while the arm reaches up and stimulates your clitoral bulb.
Both are extremely sensitive, and stimulating them simultaneously can result in an incredible blended orgasm.
It’s a clitoral orgasm and a g-spot orgasm, all in one glorious, explosive package! It can feel much more intense, deeper and longer than other orgasms, leaving you feeling pretty breathless afterward!
Of course, you can achieve something similar by using a g-spot vibrator and stimulating your clitoris manually — in fact, many people prefer to use g-spot vibes this way.
However, having double the vibrations from a rabbit vibrator can amp up the pleasure even more!
The Importance of Clitoral Stimulation
As you may know, there isn’t exactly an even split when it comes to sexual satisfaction for men and women in heterosexual relationships.
Men tend to experience satisfaction more frequently and reliably than women, and also are more likely to have an orgasm during sex. We call this the orgasm gap, or the pleasure gap.
According to researcher Laurie Mintz, a big reason for this is a lack of understanding of just how important the clitoris is. Penetrative sex tends to focus on the vagina, which is the part that penis-owners get their pleasure from, while the clit often goes ignored.
So, again, what does this have to do with why rabbit vibrators feel good?
It’s because they give our clits the love they deserve! It can feel great to have something in your vagina, massaging away at the g-spot or even a-spot (which is further in), but without additional clit stimulation, it often isn’t enough.
With a rabbit vibe, we can satisfy our cravings for penetrative sex and clit stimulation, all in one go!
Why Doesn’t My Rabbit Vibrator Feel Good?
It’s not as uncommon as you might think to struggle with finding the pleasure of a rabbit vibrator. Despite them being such a ubiquitous sex toy, they’re not always easy to master!
Some of the most common reasons why your rabbit vibrator isn’t feeling as good as you want are:
- It’s the wrong shape for your body and the rabbit arm isn’t making enough clitoris contact.
- The vibrations aren’t powerful enough.
- You need more manual g-spot massage.
- The shaft is too slim or too thick for you to enjoy.
If your rabbit vibrator isn’t making enough clitoral contact, consider getting one with a flexible or adjustable shaft, like the We-Vibe Nova 2. This will allow you to play around with the depth and angle of penetration, whilst still getting those good clit vibes.
Alternatively, you might feel that thrusting your rabbit a lot feels great but prevents you getting constant clitoral stimulation. In that case, there are several rabbit vibes out there that offer more manual g-spot massage. This one from Happy Rabbit has an automatic thrusting shaft, while the Lovense Nora has a shaft that rotates.
More Tips for Rabbit Vibe Pleasure
We actually have a whole blog post dedicated solely to how to use a rabbit vibrator successfully, which I highly recommend checking out. However, here’s a snapshot:
- Be generous with the lube. It helps the shaft slide inside more easily and comfortably, and prevents friction around the clitoris.
- Figure out the controls beforehand. Familiarizing yourself with all your rabbit’s settings and speeds will help prevent distractions or frustration as you play.
- Start off using your rabbit externally. Play around with the shaft on your clit, taking time to warm up before inserting it. You’ll be way more comfortable and aroused!
- Try motions other than thrusting. You can rock, rotate or grind your rabbit against your g-spot and clit, which all help keep the arm in constant contact with your clitoris.